KIDS Professional Learning Library Online Reservation System User's Guide
- Once you apply the appropriate computer settings and enter the Catalog, enter your search terms and click on the "Search" button (magnifying glass) to the right. Good news! The boolean search feature now works! Please note: On this initial search screen is a check box called "Keep bookbag items." If you leave that box checked, previous search selections will show up in your bookbag. If you are starting a brand new search, you may want to uncheck that button. If you are continuing to add to your own Bookbag, but are starting a new search, you will want to make sure that box is checked.
- After clicking on "Search," a list of titles will be returned. Please note at the bottom of the page is a series of navigational buttons. Those will help you move through the rest of the process.
- To view more details on any given title, click on the title. To return to the list of titles, use the "Show Results" button at the bottom of the page - NOT the "Back" button at the top.
- To reserve title(s), click on the box to the left of the title in the "Keep" column. You can select as many titles as you want. By checking them, they go into a Bookbag for later processing. After selecting the titles you want for your current search, you can click on the button at the bottom of the screen called "New Search" and begin again. The items you've already selected will stay in the Bookbag until you're completely done selecting.
- When you're ready to "check out," click on the "Bookbag" button at the bottom of your screen. This will take you to your Bookbag, where you can review the titles you've selected. To return to the list of titles, use the "Show Results" button at the bottom of the page - NOT the "Back" button at the top.
- To remove items from the Bookbag before reserving, uncheck the "'Keep" box to the left of the title, and hit your "Reload" or "Refresh" button at the top of your screen. Then click again on "Bookbag" at the bottom of your screen to see the revised list. Note: There is a timeout feature for this process. If you wait a while before deselecting and clicking on "Reload," you will be returned to the very first search screen and will need to begin again.
- When the Bookbag contains the items you want to reserve, click on the "Reserve" button at the bottom of your screen. This will take you to the reservation screen, where you'll fill out your school information and the requested use dates for each title.
- When you're done filling out that screen, click on the "Submit Request" button. You will receive a confirmation notice that your requests have been submitted.
- To continue with the Catalog, close the confirmation browser window and return to the previously-opened browser window.
- Note: Be careful when using your browser's "Back" button. It may take you places you didn't want to go. Whenever possible, use the navigational buttons at the bottom of your screen.
- Other buttons: "Clear" and "Empty" will empty the Bookbag; "Bibliography" will list the selections on your screen for printing; "Preview" seems to do the same thing.
Return to the Professional Learning Library page.